Monday, January 29, 2007

What Dreams May Come (1998)

One of my favorite movies is What Dreams May Come directed by Vincent Ward in 1998. It stars Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr, Annabella Sciorra, Max von Sydow amongst others. Basically the story goes that Chris and Annie lose their children in a car accident. Four years after their death Chris dies as well leaving his wife all alone. While in heaven Chris finds out that his wife commits suicide and he will no longer see her ever again. He then spends the rest of the movie determined to save her from hell and bring her back to his heaven.

I love this movie because it has excellent shots of heaven and hell. The colors that they use in the movie is amazing and I think that the director nailed it. He shows the brightness of heaven and how beautiful we all imagine it to be. Once he shows hell it gets to these dark colors and fire and shows it exactly how I imagine hell to be. The link below goes to a trailer of the movie. I suggest watching it. It's a great film.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I really enjoyed this movie! It is very artistic and a great idea for a movie! Great choice!