Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blade Runner: Are you a replicant?




Ridley Scott's Blade Runner (1982) is the story of Detective Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) who is on the hunt for escaped super human robots called replicants. As he searches for them in 2019 LA he falls in love with a replicant named Rachael, hindering his ability to "retire" the vengeful replican convicts.



Scott's earlier films Alien, Legend, Blade Runner all present the same type of feel. There is almost a sense of unity among the stories even though they all apply to different genres. The special effects in Blade Runner are fantastic and exciting and help to only back up the meaningful plot and impressive acting.

The clip I've included gives a representation of the amazing special effects in this film.



3 comments:

Haneen said...

I have never seen this movie but I can definitely tell that is unique. A man faling in love with a replicant...wierd.

jpb said...

I love this movie. I screened it last semester as part of my "Popular Genres" course... but I don't think too many of the students enjoyed it. Glad to see it getting some praise here.

Michael Henning said...

I've been meaningto see this movie for years, more good Phillip K Dick adaptations.