Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Patroit


The Patriot, starring Mel Gibson, is one of my all time favorite movies. It is set in the time of the American Revolution and focuses mainly on one man, Benjamin Martin, and his family. Martin leads the militia against the British troops. The film takes you through the struggles and the hard ships that fall upon all the American people during this war. This movie is full of action and love. I believe that it is a good candidate for this project because it follows 5 out of the 6 methods. It is a great movie and also a great film to watch. I recomend it to anyone that like war films.

"I have long feared that my sins would return to visit me and the cost is more than I can bear."
- Benjamin Martin

3 comments:

jpb said...

Look out for that title! "Patroit?"

Andrew said...

The Patriot is a great movie because it portrays a historical event in our country's history, as well as some exciting fighting scenes. Also, I believe it's one of Mel Gibson's better films. Great choice, I recommend that every American watch it.

Josh R. said...

I agree that The Patriot is a great candidate for the project. I thought that this film was enjoyable even the second time seeing it. It has great acting and was written very well by Robert Rodat. Another great film written by Rodat that is worth considering is Saving Private Ryan.