Monday, January 22, 2007

Jackie Brown: A Tarantino Masterpiece


Jackie Brown was directed by Quentin Tarantino and features a star-studded cast. While it's probably Tarantino's most underrated film, I feel that Jackie Brown is a great movie and it's my personal favorite. Considering that this is a Tarantino film, most would probably say that it's a good candidate. If a person wanted to write in the "formalist" style, they could talk about the cool and unique shots that were used throughout the movie. As with all Tarantino movies, the soundtrack would definitely be a key part in an approach of that style. The "auteur" approach would be great because the writer could cite such movies as Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Kill Bill.


The link that I have included gives some interesting facts about the movie and provides some cool pictures. The other link that I am providing gives some more information on the legend that is Quentin Tarantino. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Tarantino


This is my favorite scene from the movie, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Here we can see Tarantino's ability to combine comedy with seriousness.

No comments: