Monday, February 5, 2007

Young Frankenstein-Funny or Not?

This essay focuses on the immature content seen in the films. The reviewer bluntly states how the humor is used incorrectly. "YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is a silly, pointless film complete with underlying viciousness." The constant reminder of the "poo" jokes and sexual innuendoes create a tone that can only attract audiences as immature as this movie. Personally, I differ when I think of this movie. It was meant to be interpreted as humorous and provocative. I guess I am one of those immature people that is attracted to movies such as this.

1 comment:

Deanna Besbekos said...

I agree. I saw this movie in a english class and laughed all the way through it!! Peter Boyle is so awesome in it, as he is one of my favorite actors and I think I cried when I heard he died. Gene WIlder is always amazing and Mel Brooks is infamous. Besides all the jokes, I love when they sing "Putting on the Ritz"